5 steps to make a pallet deck! Is there a space in your house that is forgotten, unused, dull? Believe it! We have an amazing solution to give a new face and therefore a renew in that environment!
First, let’s explain what the famous Pallets are. The pallet was created in the second world war in order to optimize the transport of cargo. Years later, this wooden platform that undeniably made life easier for workers will now make yours easier! Let’s learn how to build decks using little money and to use pallets!
Where to buy pallets?
In order to make your life easier, start searching the internet. Nowadays, you can easily find pallets in large e-shops. Just type in google. Another option is physical stores specializing in wood.
How much does a pallet cost?
The cost of a new pallet of 30 for 30 usually costs R $ 8.00. Unless you resort to using used pallets, which is also a good option, the cost will be even lower!
- Although it is easy to build decks using pallets, there are important factors to consider. First, observe the soil and see if there is any gap; if this is found, level it with concrete.
- Now that you have measured and purchased all the necessary pallets, it is time to take them apart. Use a hammer and chisel but remember not to use too much force to avoid damaging the pallet.
- That done, it’s time to assemble a new pallet. In order to make your decks safer, now you will nail the slats close together.
- As a result, you now have a beautiful and safe structure, and the next step is to protect it from external factors like water and the sun! Even if your deck is indoors, it is likely that the wood will suffer natural wear, and to prevent this from happening, it is important to sand, pass the wood sealer, and then the varnish.
- Once ready, now just take them to the location and join the side of the pallet by the side and thus forming the structure of your decks! Easy right? Surely your home will gain the special touch of wood and become even more incredible. Finally, just abuse your decor items!